Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get a Card
Getting a Library Card
- All Vance County residents or those owning property in Vance County are eligible for a free library card. A valid photo ID and proof of current residence (see below) must be presented when applying for a library card.
- Persons not meeting eligibility qualifications for a free Perry Memorial Library card, those living outside of Vance County, may receive a card upon payment of $10.00. This nonrefundable fee entitles you to all benefits provided by the library for one (1) year. Valid identification and current address must be presented to purchase a card.
- A valid Perry Memorial Library Card, or a valid card from any NC Cardinal library is required to checkout library materials.
- Cards are issued for three (3) years; there is no fee for renewal. A $2.00 replacement fee will be charged for a lost card.
- There is no age restriction for library card application. However, children under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian signature to obtain a library card.
- Lost or stolen cards should be reported to the library immediately.
You are required to furnish one form of photo identification and proof of residence (address).
Documents accepted by Perry Memorial Library to verify identification:
Driver's license Passport School ID
Government ID Military ID Work ID
Documents accepted by Perry Memorial Library to verify current residence (address):
Driver's license Government ID Vehicle Registration
Imprinted checks Bank Statement Lease Agreement
Utility bill Mail with your name and postmarked during the current or previous month